Geographical & Political Outlook

Geographical & Political Outlook

 

The district was formed January 15, 1940. Located in the northwest of Minsk region our district borders on Volozhin, Vileika, Minsk and Smorgon districts. About 75% of the district is located on Minsk upland. The relief is hilly. The area is 1.39 thousand sq. km. The rivers Usha, Vilia, Berezina flow through the region. The part of Vileika-Minsk water system is situated here.The district specializes in the production of milk, meat, grains. The cultivation of potatoes, beet and flax is also developed here. There are 16 agricultural organizations and 50 private farms on the territory of the district. 52 enterprises of the major industrial group work in the district.

In 2011 more than 2550 economic entities and more than 4900 individual entrepreneurs worked in the district.

The territory of the district is divided into the town of Molodechno, urban settlement Radoshkovichi and 14 village councils (268 settlements all in all).

The largest settlements in the district are urban settlement Radoshkovichi (population – 589 people), settlement Chist (population – 5345 people), village KrasnoeThe population of the district consists of Belarusians-92.3%, Russians-5.2%, Poles-0.6% and other nationalities-1.9%.

  

Coat of arms of Molodechno

The coat of arms of the town was adopted December 21, 1999.

The coat of arms of Molodechno: "The Virgin is in gold crown, blue-and-gold clothing and gold mantle with red lining. The Virgin is standing on a silver cloud holding  a blue coverlet with three Chevalier Crosses”.

The registration number of the coat of arms in Belarusian heraldic register is 39. It was approved by the Town Council of Deputies on December 21, 1999.